My Home

I woke up this morning craving a cup of noodle so I went downstairs and boiled up some water. While I was waiting for the water to heat up I took a look around my kitchen and noticed something I never saw before. Rusted pots and pans, old microwave, broken screen door, and a worn out rice cooker. I've lived here for 5 years and never took a second glance as to where i really lived. I grabbed my cup of noodle and walked past the living room, busted heater and an old ragged carpet, same deal. Went up the stairs and into my room, took a look around and started to eat. As I was eating I started to realize how much of a middle/lower class family I really was in. Now don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for everything I have indefinately. I didn't care about that, my parents do the best they can to raise me and my sister and they do it well. What really got to me was what I was doing to make this home a better place to live in. I was so busy focusing on getting my own life started I never openend my eyes to what mattered most. Giving my family the luxury they deserve, a place they would be proud to call home. How could I start my own life without being assured that my family would be okay. I never truely understood what being responsible is all about and I hope that everytime I walk out my door I'm reminded by whats important.