unspoken

There goes my emotion, let out by my spoken words
I watch it carry into the air and helplessly stare as it as reaches you
My words drift into your ear like a sound in the wind
and so I wait, watching your every move
your face expression changes and I prepare myself for any and every possible outcome
eyes widening, as I clench my fists with deep anticipation
until I'm finally able to see your words and thoughts painted on your face
they say actions speak louder than words
but these words I speak, are the greatest actions I've ever made
I entrusted these words to carry my emotions
and they have done so well
her mouth opens and I freeze
waiting for any kind of answer
but these words I speak fall on deaf ears
for these words I entrusted
were twisted with lies as they spewed out
and my honest emotion came out as a lie from the heart
for what I truly wished to say, was never heard
and she stared at me calmly
asking if I'm okay
for what i thought was spoken were just in my mind
and what I truly did ask for, was only the time.

No comments: